To make the most of your next vacation at the Villa del Palmar Cancún hotel,
we have put together your perfect Cancun itinerary. Below is a list of the top things to do in Cancun recommended by locals. Follow our Cancun travel tips and enjoy countless moments of fun!
Places to Visit
- Interactive Aquarium Cancun: The aquarium is located at La Isla Shopping Center. It is quite small but there you can observe many different aquatic species. There are touch tanks where you can touch starfish and stingrays. There is also the option to swim with dolphins or do the underwater trek (minimum age 13 years) and walk under water for 20 minutes playing with stingrays.
Travel Tip: The experience doesn’t take very long, so allow for 30 minutes unless you decide to do the dolphin swim or underwater trek. The photos they take are great but a little bit pricey so you might want to pass on those.
- Mercado 28 (Market 28): This local market is an iconic jewel of the city’s culture with over 200 little shops. Here you will find a selection of arts, crafts, clothing and jewelry stores, artisanal goods and authentic Mexican food. It is a great place to shop for gifts for your friends and family that are very reasonably priced.
Travel Tip: Make sure you go to the real market 28. The bus stops at an orange indoor market building that is a very nice, but also very expensive. If you get off where the bus leaves you, walk 5 or 7 blocks and on the right side there is the real market 28 where you will find plenty of bargains.
- Parque de Las Palapas is located in the urban district of Cancun. Throughout the week it offers several cultural events such as dance classes, live music and various stands of authentic regional cuisine.
Travel Tip: Don’t forget to try the exquisite esquites, the Yucatecan food or just enjoy a walk.
Cancun Shopping Centers
Cancun is also a great destination for shopping sprees. Some popular malls are located downtown, while others can be visited at the Hotel Zone strip.
- La Isla Cancun Shopping Village: An outdoor shopping center in Cancun’s Hotel Zone with numerous coffee shops, restaurants and international, national and regional brands such as Benetton, Liverpool and El Palacio de Hierro Boutique. Its location by the Nichupté lagoon offers a great backdrop to admire wonderful sunsets, water channels and endless activities, including an aquarium, cinemas and world-class restaurants.
- Puerto Cancun Marina Town Center: This shopping center has a privileged location in one of the most exclusive areas of Cancun, also known as Puerto Cancun, just a few minutes away from Villa del Palmar Cancun. This is a
pet-friendly shopping center with an outdoor design. Here you will find many popular designer brand name clothing stores such as Prada, Hugo Boss, H&M, Sunglass Hut and many more. There are plenty of dining options and the food court has views overlooking the marina. There is also a VIP movie theater.
- Plaza Las Americas: Located across the street from the Tajamar waterfront, in this mall you will find a good selection of mid-range retail stores, a food court and several restaurants such as Chili’s and Johnny Rockets. For entertainment there is a multiplex movie theater and Sky Zone, a recreational space for people of all ages full of trampolines. Staff supervise the area and assist jumpers.
- Forum by the Sea Cancun: You cannot miss seeing Forum by the Sea as a huge Hard Rock Cafe guitar marks the entrance. Unlike many shopping centers in Cancun, Forum by the Sea is not very large, but there you can find brand name stores such as Nike, Harley Davidson, and Sunglass Island. There are several restaurants including Hard Rock Café, Carlos and Charlie´s and Chili’s. You can also find beachwear and typical souvenirs of Mexico. On the top floor there is a terrace with seating that overlooks the ocean. At night the mall comes to life since it is in the heart of Cancun’s busy nightlife district and many tourists come especially to the famous nightclub, Coco Bongo.
Travel Tip: Most shops accept credit cards, but it is always a good idea to bring a little bit of cash just in case.
The Best Beaches in Cancun
Cancun is a coastal area with dreamy white sand beaches. There are beaches with calm waters that are perfect for visiting with young children as well as beaches with big waves to enjoy surfing activities and water sports.
- Langosta Beach: the calm waters of this beach are ideal for family visits. For the fun of the little ones, there is a floating park on the sea with a wide variety of inflatable games, including slides and trampolines.
- Chac Mool Beach: one of the favorites in Cancun for its long beach and fine sand. It is located a few steps from the Forum by the Sea Shopping Mall and features beach clubs, lounge chairs and restaurant service on the beach.
- Delfines Beach: the perfect place for surfers and boogie boards lovers in Cancun. Known to locals as “El Mirador” or ‘the lookout’. Visitors can observe the dramatic colors of the Caribbean ocean and take a classic picture in front of the iconic Cancun letters. This beautiful beach has been awarded a Blue Flag, a world-renowned eco-label, which assures a standard of great quality and safety.
Travel Tip: Always bring sunscreen, sunglasses, sun hats and plenty of bottled water when visiting the beaches. Also don’t forget your swimwear!
In addition to the fantastic cenotes and archeological sites Cancun offers, there are also plenty of other things to do including shopping and visiting beautiful beaches. This international tourist destination offers countless places that you must discover during your next vacation at Villa del Palmar Cancun.
Do you know any other place that you would recommend to our guests?