Taking a beach trip to a destination like Cancun is always an exciting idea, but knowing what to pack is sometimes hard. At Villa del Palmar Cancún we want to save you time by gathering some smart packing travel tips, so you can be sure that you will only pack the essentials to enjoy your next beach trip. The most important thing is not to pack too much, as let’s be honest, overpacking is hardwired in most of us, and you don’t want to risk having to pay those overweight baggage fees!
Before packing, it is highly recommended that you take a look at the projected weather forecast of the destination you will visit during the dates of your stay and also the season. In Cancun, we have a dry season and a rainy season and depending on which season you visit us, you might want to take a rain jacket or not.
Make a Packing List
After reviewing the weather forecast, it is important to make a packing list of the things you will need. You should certainly consider what type of clothing you will wear, but don’t forget to write down essential items such as your passport and cash. After you have packed, check your list again to make sure you have not packed unnecessary things. Should you really carry your hair dryer or alarm clock? Villa del Palmar Cancun offers an incredible variety of in-room amenities. We recommend you check them on our website.
Pack Comfortable and Fresh Clothes
To stay fresh at all time, we suggest packing cotton or linen clothes, as well as colorful shorts with tropical prints representing the beach lifestyle or those that best fit your style. If you are a woman, you can also choose to take different colored blouses and skirts with you that you can combine with sandals and casual footwear.
During your trip to the beach it’s likely that you will not require formal clothing, although it does not hurt to pack more formal attire for a special event or occasion. Some hotel restaurants will require a dress code to access.
At Villa del Palmar Cancún, the dress code is Smart Casual and you should wear casual clothes that are consistent with the atmosphere of each of our restaurants.
Your swimsuit is one of the important items you won’t want to leave behind on your next trip to Villa del Palmar Cancún to fully enjoy the beach of this all-inclusive resort in Cancun.
If you are a woman, we recommend you bring two or three swimsuits of different colors or prints with you, depending on the number of days that your trip to the beach will last, this way you can also combine them with each other in case you decide to wear bikinis.
If you are a man, you can wear swimming trunks or shorts, as well as a t-shirt with short or long sleeves if you want to protect your skin on days of long exposure to the sun.
It is very important that after using your swimsuit you rinse it with fresh water to remove saltwater and sand from the beach or chlorine from the pool.
Moisturizers and Sunscreen Lotions
Enjoying the warm rays of the sun has excellent benefits for the skin, however, exposing it for prolonged periods can be harmful, causing discomfort, such as burns.
That’s why it is very important to carry moisturizers with you that you can use after a fun-filled day at the beach, as well as aloe-based lotions to protect the skin and relieve sunburns.
If you wish, after your day in the sun, visit the Village Spa of Villa del Palmar Cancun and allow them to pamper you with a great array of skincare treatments including facials.
Photo or Video Camera
Your camera is one of the items that you undoubtedly should include in your packing list for your beach trip, although your mobile phone is a good option as well, in this case we recommend you to bring with you or buy a waterproof case, so you can take photos of your underwater experiences or tours in Cancun and the surrounding area.
Accessories for your Trip to the Beach
- Beach Bag: Made with sun resistant fabrics, these bags are ideal for storing your beach towel, sunglasses, wallet and other objects that you can protect.
- Beach wrap or Sarong: The beach wrap or sarong will be your perfect cover up so you can rest comfortably in any area, or even access restaurants and shops after enjoying a refreshing day at the beach or by the pool. Carry it with you at all times in your beach bag,
- Sunglasses: In addition to being an accessory that you can combine with your daytime outfit, they will protect your eyes at all times from the brightness of the sun’s rays as well as from environmental agents such as sand and allergens. We recommend that you wear sunglasses that block 100 per cent of all ultraviolet (UV) rays.
- Sandals or Water Shoes: When you use them during your vacation at the beach, you will protect your feet from the hot sand, as well as from any objects such as stones or sea shells that can cause injuries or cuts. Additionally, you will avoid falls in wet corridors or areas that can become slippery.
- Hat or Cap: To protect the skin of your face and eyes during the most intense hours of sun. We recommend wearing beach hats made of natural fibers and light colors, or fresh fabrics that allow you to release the heat from your head.
- Travel Mugs for Drinks: Without a doubt, a thermos is an item that should not be missing in your essential list for your trip to the beach. You will find them in different colors, sizes and brands, but the most important thing is that they will keep your favorite drink always cold while enjoying the beach.
You can also buy many practical items for your days at the beach at the Palmita Market & Deli of Villa del Palmar Cancun.
Family Trips to the Beach
If your travel companions to the beach include children, it is important that you know that some airlines are likely to have additional charges for strollers, as well as items that are not included in your suitcase.
Either way, some items that you could bring for the fun of younger tourists, include floats, goggles, swimsuits and sunscreen shirts.
It is also important that you carry sunscreen for sensitive skin, moisturizing lotions and hygiene items for babies and children.
In general, before your trip we recommend that you make a short travel itinerary, this way you can know in advance the essential items that you should pack on your next vacation to the beach.
Do you have any other suggestions that we should include for trips to the beach?